Introduction: Hide and Seek
- Project your tablet screen, open the Blockly app, and go to the menu at the top left of the screen.
- Go to the Create New Project menu and select the Hide and Seek preset program. Then tap "create."
- Ask the students to look at the program and predict what they think will happen when it is run.
- Run the program to see if the students' predictions were correct.
- Point to the Repeat Until block in the program and say, "This is a new kind of repeat block. With this block, Dash or Dot will repeat what's inside the loop until a specific event happens."
- Ask the class, "What action will Dash repeat until there is an Obstacle in Front?" (Sample response: “Dash will look for Dot. Then Dash will move forward.”)
- Ask the class, “What will happen when Dash sees an Obstacle in Front?"(Sample response: “Dash will look left.”)