- Briefly review with students the definition of and uses for loops by asking:
- What are loops? (Sample response: "The action of doing something over and over again.")
- Why do we use loops in coding? (Sample response: "We use loops to make our codes more efficient and easier to write.")
- Say, "You have learned about different types of loops: Repeat Forever and Repeat loops. Compare and contrast the two different types of loops."
- Sample response: "Repeat loops repeat a specific number of times, while Repeat Forever loops repeat until the user tells them to stop."
- Give an example of when each type of loop is used in real life, such as:
- A Repeat loop: You put on one sock and repeat this action a second time.
- A Repeat Forever loop: You breathe in and out. You repeat this action over and over again unless someone tells you to hold your breath.