Minecraft: What is the World Made of?
Use the Material Reducer to Better Understand that Natural and Synthetic Objects Are All Made of Elements!
In this lesson, students will use the Material Reducer to better understand that natural and synthetic objects are all made of elements.
- Understand that natural and synthetic objects are all made of elements.
- Gather information about the elemental composition of Minecraft blocks.
- Understand that synthetic materials and chemicals can be made from natural resources.
- Be aware that some elements are much more common than others.
- Develop models to describe the atomic composition of simple molecules and extended structures.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Science
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - Science
- Alberta - Science
- British Columbia - ADST & Science
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.