Minecraft: Timecraft (Hour of Code 2021)
Save the Future By Solving Mysterious Mishaps in Time!
In this lesson, students will experience a choose-your-own-adventure game, exploring key moments in human achievement. Then, using their coding superpowers, students will save the future by solving mysterious mishaps in time!
- Understand the importance and benefits of computer science in all aspects of life.
- Analyze and solve problems using algorithmic thinking and problem decomposition.
- Practice computer science concepts such as sequences, events, loops and debugging.
- Create coding solutions to successfully complete a task or solve a problem.
- Recognize the expanded career connections offered through computer science.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics (Algebra - Coding)
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics
- Alberta - Mathematics
- British Columbia - ADST & Mathematics
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.