Minecraft: A Tale of Two Villages
Use block-based or Python code to bring two villages together!
In this lesson, students will use block-based or Python code to bring two villages together. Students also explore themes of empathy, diversity, inclusion, and cooperation.
- Understand the importance and benefits of diversity, including the role of diversity and inclusion in a community
- Understand bias and recognize how it may cause harm
- Create coding solutions that include sequences, iteration, and loops
- Decompose (break down) the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions
- Iterate on coding solutions to complete a task
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding), Social Emotional Learning and Social Studies
- Quebec - Mathematics & Society
- New Brunswick - Mathematics & Social Studies
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics & Social Studies
- Alberta - Mathematics & Social Studies
- British Columbia - ADST and Mathematics
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics & Technology
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Social Studies & Technology
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.