Minecraft: Sustainable Food Production
Explore How to Produce Sustainable Foods!
In this lesson, students will begin their journey at a grocery store where farm products are bought and sold and explore a sustainable farm and learn about soil conservation, crop rotation, and water pollution. Students will also visit a waste facility and learn how fertile soil is created from waste products, walk through a recycling facility and learn how old packaging is recycled into new packaging and visit the shop where the farm products are being packaged and sold back to the grocery store.
- Explain the roles of producers and consumers
- Define the term sustainable and explain its importance
- Understand how food gets from the farm to the grocery store
- Consider the importance of what they are purchasing from local stores
- Promote sustainable lifestyles in regard to food production and consumption
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Science
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - ICT & Science
- Alberta - CTF & Science
- British Columbia - ADST & Science
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science & Social Studies
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.