Minecraft: Science Island
Teach the Scientific Method to all ages!
In this lesson, students will be introduced to Science Island - a world designed to allow students of all ages to formulate, test & modify a guess before generating a hypothesis which they believe true!
- Formulate an educated guess.
- Test an educated guess and formulated a hypothesis
- Communicate observations effectively
- Create a final truth statement to act as a hypothesis moving forward
- Conduct experiments in a virtual environment following directions
- Resetting an experiment and tidying up a lab atmosphere when completed
- Students will communicate observations and happenings in detail in a written form to be submitted for review
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Science
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - ICT & Science
- Alberta - CTF & Science
- British Columbia - ADST & Science
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.