Minecraft: Pixel Selfies
Use Minecraft Blocks as “Pixels” to Produce Pixel Art!
In this lesson, students will use Minecraft blocks as “pixels” to produce pixel art versions of themselves, portrait or full body.
- Students will be able to recreate a self-portrait using Minecraft blocks.
- Students will be able to use spatial, estimation, and aesthetic sense to create these self-portraits.
- Students will be able to judge whether small or large portraits are difficult to recreate in Minecraft.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Visual Arts
- Quebec - Visual Arts
- New Brunswick - Visual Arts
- Nova Scotia - Visual Arts
- Alberta - Visual Arts
- British Columbia - ADST & Visual Arts
- Manitoba - Visual Arts
- Prince Edward Island - Visual Arts
- Saskatchewan - Visual Arts
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Visual Arts
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.