Minecraft: Museum Math - Rocks & Minerals
Use Code to Help Museum Scientists Learn About Igneous, Sedimentary, and Metamorphic Rocks!
In this lesson, students will discover that three scientists from the Royal Ontario Museum are visiting Rocklandia to learn more about igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks, and they need your students’ help!
- Students will make observations and gather information about igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks and minerals.
- Students will use consecutive, concurrent, repeated, and nested coding to overcome a series of obstacles.
- Students will create a museum of rocks and minerals to reflect their learning, with an emphasis on inclusivity and accessibility.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Science & Technology, Mathematics
- Quebec - Science & Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Science & Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Science & Mathematics
- Alberta - Science & Mathematics
- British Columbia - ADST, Science & Mathematics
- Manitoba - Science & Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Science & Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Science & Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science & Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.