Matatalab: Robot (Gr. 2-3)
In this lesson, students will design and code various shapes utilizing the Matatalab Coding Set and the Artist Add-On Set. Students will cut out the shapes and construct a robot. Students will then decorate, embellish and present their robots to the class.
- Design and create a robot using basic Matatalab Artist Add-On Set to program shapes.
- Explore different examples of robots and the purposes for which robots are created.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario – Coding & Art
- British Columbia – ADST & Art
- Alberta & Nova Scotia – ICT & Art
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Prince Edward Island, & Newfoundland and Labrador – Art
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.