Matatalab: Musical Composition (Gr. K-3)
Students will be introduced to Matatalab Musical Coding blocks, utilize these coding blocks with the Matatalab Coding Set to successfully complete the Music Challenge Card, and then create original musical compositions.
- Explore Matatalab Musician Add-On set and music coding blocks
- Utilize Matatalab music coding blocks with the Coding Set to successfully complete both sides of the Music Challenge Card
- Create and share an original musical composition using Matatalab music blocks
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Coding & Art (Music)
- British Columbia - ADST & Art (Music)
- Alberta & Nova Scotia - ICT & Art (Music)
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, and PEI - Art (Music)
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.