Matatalab: Music Intervals (Grade 3)
In this lesson, students will learn about the concept of intervals when talking about the space between two musical notes. Students will use this knowledge to code different intervals using Matatalab.
- Define “interval”
- Identify musical intervals
- Identify interval distance and location on the staff
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Coding & Art (Music)
- British Columbia - ADST & Art (Music)
- Alberta & Nova Scotia - ICT & Art (Music)
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, and PEI - Art (Music)
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.