Matatalab: Identifying Music Notes (Gr. 1-2)
In this lesson, students will learn how to identify the musical staff and differentiate between different pitches. They will conclude the lesson by learning the different names of notes on staffs in order to identify the notes they see written in front of them. They will use all this information to code MatataBot to play different notes and create music.
- Identify the five lines and four spaces that create the staff
- Identify higher and lower pitches on the staff
- Identify the treble clef line and space note names
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Coding & Art (Music)
- British Columbia - ADST & Art (Music)
- Alberta & Nova Scotia - ICT & Art (Music)
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, and PEI - Art (Music)
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.