Matatalab: Ice Cream Cones (Gr. K-1)
In this lesson, students will alter the coding for a triangle to create a larger triangle which will become the cone of an ice-cream cone. Students will then decorate the top to look like ice cream and embellish the ice cream with sprinkles and other decorations
- Code and manipulate MatataBot in order to create a large triangle.
- Utilize the large triangle to create a large decorated ice cream cone.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario – Coding & Art
- British Columbia – ADST & Art
- Alberta & Nova Scotia – ICT & Art
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Prince Edward Island, & Newfoundland and Labrador – Art
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.