Matatalab: Getting Started with Music (Gr. K-1)
Students will learn how to use pitch blocks and other blocks included in the Matatalab Coding Set and add-ons. Students will use this information to code different musical notes and work towards listening to the pitch played, and identifying them on the musical staff.
- Students will identify Matatalab pitch blocks
- Students will identify Matatalab block pitches on the staff
- Identify and define the staff
- Identify Matatalab blocks on the staff
- Identify and define an octave
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Coding & Art (Music)
- British Columbia - ADST & Art (Music)
- Alberta & Nova Scotia - ICT & Art (Music)
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, and PEI - Art (Music)
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.