Matatalab: Ear and Hand Music Training (Gr. 2-3)
Students will learn about the musical scale (solfege) and how to sing using it. They will also learn how to identify the Solfege pitches by working with Matatalab. Finally, they will learn how to identify the Solfege using hand signs to develop pitch memory.
- Students will identify Solfege (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, and Ti) pitches
- Students will identify the musical scale
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Coding & Art (Music)
- British Columbia - ADST & Art (Music)
- Alberta & Nova Scotia - ICT & Art (Music)
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, and PEI - Art (Music)
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.