Matatalab: Art Creation (Gr. 3)
In this lesson, students will program the MatataBot to draw various geometric shapes. Students will create geometric shapes which will be used as stars in a sky landscape and flowers in a 3-dimensional garden.
- Understand Matatalab advanced coding blocks
- Create original and unique artistic creation with shapes made through use of the Matatalab Draw Challenge Cards
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Coding, Mathematics & Art
- British Columbia - ADST, Mathematics & Art
- Alberta & Nova Scotia - ICT, Mathematics & Art
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, and PEI - Art & Mathematics
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.