Matatalab: Angles and Music (Gr. 3)
In this lesson, students will be able to explore their own creativity by using the artistic and musical aspects of the Matatalab sets. Students will program the MatataBot using the Artist and Music warm up cards. Then students will use more advanced coding blocks in conjunction with the Matatalab drawing pens. Students will then create their own unique drawings and musical creations.
- Utilize the Matatalab Artist and Music Warm Up cards
- Utilize advanced coding blocks to create unique works
- Create original works of art and music
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Math & Art
- British Columbia - ADST & Art
- Nova Scotia & Alberta - ICT & Art (Music)
- Quebec, Saskatchewan - Art (Music) & Mathematics
- New Brunswick, Manitoba, PEI, and Newfoundland - Art (Music)
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.