Minecraft: Fractions Steeplechase
Build a Number Line in Minecraft to Show Equivalent Fractions and Create a Racetrack!
In this lesson, students will understand that fractions are like a number on the number line and how to represent fractions on a number line diagram.
- Build and explain Minecraft math models that show fractions, improper fractions, and mixed numbers on number lines.
- Label Minecraft math models with correct fractions on signs.
- Peer review Minecraft math models and slates of others to check for accuracy.
- Document models with pictures in portfolios.
- Explain number patterns in fractions, such as “a/a=1, or 2a/a=2”.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Number
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics
- Alberta - Mathematics
- British Columbia - ADST & Mathematics
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.