Minecraft: Fractions Pixel Art
Design a Pixel Art Image then Break Down the Colours into Fractions!
In this lesson, students will design a pixel art image then break down the colours into fractions, discuss number patterns & unit fractions, and build the designs in Minecraft.
- Develop understanding of fractions as numbers.
- Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts
- Understand a fraction a/b as the quantity formed by a parts of size 1/b.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Number
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics
- Alberta - Mathematics
- British Columbia - ADST & Mathematics
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.