Minecraft: Extinction! Biodiversity Lab
Explore the Lab to Learn About Biodiversity!
Explore the lab to learn core concepts of biodiversity then apply your knowledge to reveal the processes behind the five threatened species biomes.
- Students learn about the concept of biodiversity
- Students understand genes, species and ecosystem as components of biodiversity
- Students understand the relationships and interactions of biodiversity in an ecosystem (food webs and trophic pyramids)
- Understand what an ecosystem and a biome are and how they function
- Understand ecological niche - the role of a species and how it is adapted
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Science
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - Science
- Alberta - Science
- British Columbia - ADST and Science
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.