Minecraft: Exploring Contour Maps
Create and Explore Contour Maps Within the World of Minecraft!
In this lesson, students will create and explore contour maps within the world of Minecraft.
- Select, organize and represent data and information in different forms, including by constructing special purpose maps that conform to cartographic conventions, using digital and spatial technologies as appropriate
- Analyze maps and other geographical data and information using digital and spatial technologies as appropriate, to develop identifications, descriptions, explanations and conclusions that use geographical terminology
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Geography
- Quebec - Geography
- New Brunswick - Science & Social Studies
- Nova Scotia - Social Studies
- Alberta - Geography
- British Columbia - ADST & Geography
- Manitoba - Social Studies
- Prince Edward Island - Social Studies
- Saskatchewan - Social Studies
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Social Studies
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.