Minecraft: Decimal Fraction Garden
Understand Fractions & Decimals Using a Garden!
In this lesson, students will demonstrate understanding a fractional and decimal relationships using a 10 x 10 garden.
- Students will be able to relate fractions and decimals using base ten.
- Students will be able to construct a 10 x 10 grid.
- Students will be able to creatively design a "garden" and label their work.
- Students will be able to present their work to their peers.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Number
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics
- Alberta - Mathematics
- British Columbia - ADST & Mathematics
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.