Codey Rocky: The Secret of Codey Rocky (Gr. 3-5)
This lesson is an introductory lesson for students beginning to code. Students will be taught what a program is and how they are used. Next students will learn about Codey Rocky and all the parts that combine to create this robot. Once familiar with Codey Rocky, students will move on to learning about mBlock 5, a programming tool that uses block based code. Students will finally create a simple string of code that they will then upload to Codey Rocky.
- By the end of this lesson, students will learn the definition of Program
- By the end of this lesson, students will get to know Codey Rocky and its features
- By the end of this lesson, students will be more familiar with mBlock 5
- By the end of this lesson, students will learn how to upload programs from mBlock 5 to Codey Rocky
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - Science & ICT
- Alberta - Science & ICT/CTF
- British Columbia - Science & ADST
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
Write your first line of code!
Codey Rocky combines hardware with software, allowing children to learn about programming while they play and create. Using mBlock, a software which supports both blocked-based and Python programming, Codey Rocky takes children by their hands and leads them into the world of technology with its in-built AI and IoT functionalities, giving them a competitive edge in the AI era.