Codey Rocky: Identify the Bug (Gr. 3-5)
In this lesson, students are shown that making mistakes and learning how to fix them are a big part of coding! Students will first be introduced to the concept of a bug and where the term first arose from. Next, students will be shown different codes that include bugs. The students will be tasked with finding where the bug is and they will be asked to come up with a solution.
- By the end of this lesson, students will understand the concept of a Bug in coding
- By the end of this lesson, students will understand how to identify and fix a bug in their code
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - Science & ICT
- Alberta - Science & ICT/CTF
- British Columbia - Science & ADST
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
Write your first line of code!
Codey Rocky combines hardware with software, allowing children to learn about programming while they play and create. Using mBlock, a software which supports both blocked-based and Python programming, Codey Rocky takes children by their hands and leads them into the world of technology with its in-built AI and IoT functionalities, giving them a competitive edge in the AI era.