Explore Blocklympics as it will take place in the form of a fictional Olympic games-style event!
In this lesson, students will learn that Blocklympics is a one-to-five-hour creative introduction to the design of an inclusive, competitive, and fun Olympic games-style event. Students will be challenged with making their games come to life through the creation of inclusive venues, living spaces, and a mascot in the middle of the Athlete’s Village.
- Understand the importance and benefits of athletic and social competition.
- Working as a team on individual parts of a much larger challenge to produce an overall exceptional product or experience.
- Design an inclusive environment accessible for all citizens.
- Establish a game and communicate its rules and how to determine the winner.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Science & Technology
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Technology
- Nova Scotia - Science & Technology
- Alberta - Science
- British Columbia - ADST, Science & Language
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science & Technology
- Saskatchewan - Language Arts
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Language Arts
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.