Minecraft: Hour of Code - Artificial Intelligence
Program the Minecraft Agent to Collect and Analyze Data!
In this lesson, students will learn the coding basics and explore a real-world example of artificial intelligence and program the Minecraft Agent to collect data about forest fires.
- Get a high-level understanding of how Artificial Intelligence can be used to collect data about forest fires
- Create coding solutions that include sequences, events, loops, and conditionals
- Decompose (break down) the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions Iterate on solutions to complete a task
- The lesson also includes free time to explore coding concepts they’ve learned through playing to deepen their understanding.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Distributive Property of Multiplication.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding)
- Quebec - Technology
- New Brunswick - Technology
- Nova Scotia - Technology
- Alberta - Information & Communication Technology
- British Columbia - ADST & Mathematics
- Manitoba - Information & Communication Technology
- Prince Edward Island - Information & Communication Technology
- Saskatchewan - Coding
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Technology
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.