Minecraft: Area and Volume
Create and Solve Problems Involving Area and Volume in Minecraft!
In this lesson, students will use Minecraft to create and solve problems involving area and volume.
- Students will recognize volume as an attribute of three-dimensional space.
- Students will be able to write and interpret numerical expressions.
- Students will understand that volume can be measured by finding the total number of same-size units of volume required to fill the space without gaps or overlaps.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Number
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics
- Alberta - Mathematics
- British Columbia - ADST & Mathematics
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.