A1: Sequences - Getting Started with Matatalab
In this introductory lesson, students will learn about the Matatalab Coding Set including: the different parts of the set, how the coding set works, how to set messages to the robot, and the different functions MatataBot has! The lesson ends with students working in small groups to work through Challenge Booklet 1 to demonstrate their understanding before moving on to more challenging activities!
- Describe the components of the Matatalab Coding Set
- Learn about the importance of coding and programming
- Understand the difference between sending and receiving messages
- Collaborate with other students as they program a Matatalab robot
- Challenge each other to program the Matatalab robot in order to move through different mat/map environments
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics (coding)
- British Columbia - ADST
- Alberta - ICT
- Nova Scotia - ICT
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.