Dash & Dot: Zooming with Dash (Gr. 3-5)
If you give Dash more power, it will go faster. But what does that mean? The speed, time, and distance that Dash travels are all related. In this lesson, students run speed trials with Dash, and then do the math to calculate and compare speeds, times, and distances.
- Conduct an experiment involving repeated trials
- Understand the concept of a control variable in an experiment
- Learn about speed and how to calculate speed, given a time and distance
- Class 1: Speed versus Time and Distance (25 minutes)
- Class 2: Time and Distance Trials (35 minutes)
- Class 3: How Fast is Dash (20 minutes)