Vocabulary: Pool Cue
In this lesson, students will work in pairs, programming Cue to roll like a pool ball into the six holes of a pool table and to say the definition of each assigned vocabulary word in the fewest moves possible.
- recognize the meaning of six assigned vocabulary words.
- measure angles with a protractor.
- measure distance with a metric ruler.
- design a flat version of a pool table according to assigned measurements.
- program Cue to roll into six pockets of a pool table in one program.
- program distance, angles, and speed.
- determine the combination of angles and distances needed to program Cue to roll into each of the six pockets in the fewest moves possible.
- program Cue to say the meaning of each word.
- include controls, events, and custom sounds in their program.
Target Grades: 6 - 8