Unit 3: Lesson 9: Path to Presentation
In this lesson, students will prepare a presentation for their problem-solving robots, share this presentation with one another, provide constructive feedback, and consider how best to use the feedback to improve their presentations. First, students will consider what makes for an excellent presentation and practice providing constructive feedback for a robotic demonstration. Next, students will prepare and practice their own presentations before sharing a trial presentation with their peers and receiving feedback. These activities will be guided by the Design Process Notebooks.
- Review their Master Plans and the parts of their project they still want to refine.
- Be introduced to some attributes of a good presentation and how to give constructive feedback on a presentation.
- Prepare their own presentations for their problem-solving robot, practice them, and improve them.
- Complete the Project Pathways: Path to Presentation activities in their Design Process Notebook.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding), Science & Language
- Quebec - Science & Language
- New Brunswick - Science & Language
- Nova Scotia - Science & ICT
- Alberta - Science, Language, ICT & CTF
- British Columbia - Science, Language & ADST
- Manitoba - Science & Language
- Prince Edward Island - Science & Language
- Saskatchewan - Science & Language
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science & Language
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum