Python: Triangle Area Calculator (Gr. 9-10)
In this lesson, students will explore how to calculate the area of a triangle in Python by using the Heron’s formula. Students will utilize the Python knowledge they have learnt in the previous learning activities to handle this geometric problem. This lesson will also introduce variables in Python, as well as the good practice of writing comments while writing Python code.
- Storing data of various data types into variables
- Further exploration with arithmetic operations
- Commenting code in Python and the importance of it
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics & Computer Science
- Quebec - Coming Soon!
- New Brunswick - Coming Soon!
- Nova Scotia - Coming Soon!
- Alberta - Coming Soon!
- British Columbia - Coming Soon!
- Manitoba - Coming Soon!
- Prince Edward Island - Coming Soon!
- Saskatchewan - Coming Soon!
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Coming Soon!
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
mBlock and Python Coding - The Programming Language of the Future
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Python's simple, easy to learn syntax emphasizes readability and therefore reduces the cost of program maintenance. With mBlock, Python supports modules and packages, which encourages program modularity and code reuse. The Python interpreter and the extensive standard library are available in source or binary form.