Dash & Dot: The Robot Games (Gr. 3-6)
Challenge your school to compete in the Robot Games! Students will compete in a series of mathematics themed activities where they use Dash and Dot to solve a problem and earn points for themselves, their grade, and/or their school.
Students will compare numbers at an appropriate grade level.
Students will model numbers at an appropriate grade level.
Students will measure distances at an appropriate grade level.
Students will do operations on numbers at an appropriate grade level.
Students will draw geometric shapes at an appropriate grade level.
- Set up 5 games in rotating stations.
- Students will complete each activity and receive a stamp or stamps from each station to tally up their points for each activity.
- This section will include an outline of each activity.
- Detailed setup instructions for each activity are included in the game guides in the printout section.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding)
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics & ICT
- Alberta - Mathematics & ICT
- British Columbia - Mathematics & ADST
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Robots and Accessories
- Masking tape
- 20 blocks or balls
- Boards, ropes, or books
- Stuffed animals or objects to corral