mBot 2.0: Seeing with Sound (Gr. 3-8)
In this lesson, students will learn that autonomous robots need to be aware of their surroundings when driving unattended to avoid any collisions with obstacles or persons. Students will learn that the mBot2 has a specific sensor for this action at the front and it is called the ultrasonic sensor. Students will learn that this sensor enables the robot to detect objects in its path using sounds that humans can’t hear – giving it the name (ultrasound).
- Students will learn how to use an ultrasonic sensor for range and obstacle detection
- Students will make the mBot2 react to obstacles and avoid them in driving
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding), Number & Spatial Sense
- Quebec - Coming Soon!
- New Brunswick - Coming Soon!
- Nova Scotia - Coming Soon!
- Alberta - Coming Soon!
- British Columbia - Coming Soon!
- Manitoba - Coming Soon!
- Prince Edward Island - Coming Soon!
- Saskatchewan - Coming Soon!
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Coming Soon!
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
Advanced Coding Robot Kit for STEM Education
Powered by Cyberpi, this innovative and easy-to-build robot will inspire kids to learn, grow, and play in limitless ways. Complete with Wi-Fi connectivity, kids can step into the world of Computer Science and technology learning utilizing precision movement control with encoder motors, expandable mBuild modules, and structural parts that come together in a unique programmable design.