Dash & Dot: Robot Petting Zoo (Gr. 3-4)
Animals respond to different types of information that they take in via their senses. In this lesson, students will research physical and behavioural traits of an animal and program Dash to act out these traits based on stimuli in the environment. All groups will present their findings to the class.
Research physical and behavioral traits of your favorite animal.
Program Dash to mimic the behavior of the chosen animal based on stimuli in the environment.
Create a costume for Dash to look like the animal of your choice.
Present your animal to the class. Explain what behaviors you have chosen to mimic and demonstrate the behaviors for the class.
- Class 1: Research an Animal (30 minutes)
- Class 2: Programming Challenge (30 minutes)
- Class 3: Presentation Time (30 minutes)
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding), Science, Language & Arts
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science & Language
- Nova Scotia - Science & ICT
- Alberta - Science & ICT
- British Columbia - Science & ADST
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum