Ratios: Cue The Olympian
Cue is a double-threat athlete at the winter Olympics! In this lesson, students will work in pairs as Olympic coaches for Cue. Students will need to understand ratios in order to explain the relationship between distance and speed while training Cue for a speed and figure skating competitions.
- use ratios to describe the relationship between distance (cm) and speed (seconds).
- determine the time it will take for Cue to skate around a track given the distance.
- determine the distance it will take for Cue to skate around a track given the time in seconds.
- choreograph the same routine for Cue to skate to two songs of different durations.
- determine the rate at which Cue will need to dance to each song in order to cover the same distance.
- use a table to solve ratios comparing distance: time.
- program Cue to test their ratios.
Target Grades: 6 - 8