mBot: Probability of Escape (Gr. 7)
Making a robotic spinner and random number generators to study probability
By scaffolding this challenge into many seemingly unrelated challenges, students are asked to think laterally about applying their knowledge to an interesting solution involving escape and probability.
The evil zBot has captured mBot and he needs your help! Use probability to help him escape with the best chance of success!
Overall Curriculum Learning Goals
- Probability (Lesson Focus)
Overall Coding Learning Goals
- If Statements
- Random Number Generation
- Grade 7 Mathematics - Statistics and Probability
- Class 1 - Intro to mBlock and Spinning at Random Intervals (~30min)
- Class 2 - If Statements and Counting Loops(~20min)
- Class 3 - Probability and Final Challenge (~30min)
Robots and Accessories
- mBlock Software
- Masking tape and Worksheets (provided)