Dash & Dot: Number Line Moves (Gr. 2)
In this lesson, students will create simple sequences in Blockly to program Dash to move forward in a line. They will learn to debug programs, as well as add and subtract by multiples of 10.
Students can write a sequence of commands to create an algorithm
Students can debug if their program doesn’t work right.
Students can add and subtract multiples of 10.
Students can write an algorithm for Dash to move forward in a line.
- Class 1: Number Line Moves (30 minutes)
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding)
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics & ICT
- Alberta - Mathematics & ICT
- British Columbia - Mathematics & ADST
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum