Python: Mini Capstone Project (Gr. 11-12)
Python Coding: Advanced
In this lesson, students will consolidate their previous knowledge and skills in coding and reflect upon the use of Python in a range of situations. This lesson will provide a set of Python programming tasks about Python data types, variables and lists, control structures, operations, expressions and functions. Classroom activities can take the form of individual or small group activities - depending on the classroom setup. This lesson also includes a capstone project for students to complete.
- Students will review previous concepts taught throughout the Python Beginner and Advanced courses
- Students will complete a capstone project
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Computer Science
- Quebec - Coming Soon!
- New Brunswick - Coming Soon!
- Nova Scotia - Coming Soon!
- Alberta - Coming Soon!
- British Columbia - Coming Soon!
- Manitoba - Coming Soon!
- Prince Edward Island - Coming Soon!
- Saskatchewan - Coming Soon!
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Coming Soon!
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
mBlock and Python Coding - The Programming Language of the Future
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Python's simple, easy to learn syntax emphasizes readability and therefore reduces the cost of program maintenance. With mBlock, Python supports modules and packages, which encourages program modularity and code reuse. The Python interpreter and the extensive standard library are available in source or binary form.