mBot 2.0: Sensing & Data Collection (Gr. 3-8)
In this lesson, students will learn that robots can be used in research. A robot has several sensors (senses) with which it can perceive its surroundings and also collect data. Students will learn how the mBot 2 measures sound and temperature and how to read the data on the screen of the mBot2 and use it for research into sound density or the temperature of the classroom.
- Students will learn what sensors the mBot2 has
- Students will learn how the sensors of the mBot2 work
- Students will learn what the difference is between live mode and upload mode
- Students will learn how to show the data from the sensors on the display of the CyberPi
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding), Numbers, Data & Spatial Sense
- Quebec - Coming Soon!
- New Brunswick - Coming Soon!
- Nova Scotia - Coming Soon!
- Alberta - Coming Soon!
- British Columbia - Coming Soon!
- Manitoba - Coming Soon!
- Prince Edward Island - Coming Soon!
- Saskatchewan - Coming Soon!
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Coming Soon!
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
Advanced Coding Robot Kit for STEM Education
Powered by Cyberpi, this innovative and easy-to-build robot will inspire kids to learn, grow, and play in limitless ways. Complete with Wi-Fi connectivity, kids can step into the world of Computer Science and technology learning utilizing precision movement control with encoder motors, expandable mBuild modules, and structural parts that come together in a unique programmable design.