mBot: The Time Machine (Grade 3-4)
In this lesson, students will continue their time travel narrative and design a Time Machine. Building on their expanding programming experience, students need to associate the possible time travel transportation with their everyday commute experience to think of the function and operation of Time Machine. Students will brainstorm and use sequential, looping, conditional algorithms as well as variables to turn mBot into a Time Machine.
- Demonstrate the understanding and mastery of sequential, looping, and conditional algorithms within the context of an executable computing artifact.
- Use and create appropriate programming scripts to generate interplay between the hardware and the software.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Science
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - Science & ICT
- Alberta - Science & ICT
- British Columbia - Science & ADST
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum