mBot: The Musician (Gr. 3-4)
In this lesson, students will revisit the composition play, however, via using different coding blocks and algorithms. First, students will explore how to utilize the “light sensor” Sensing block as a condition in the conditional algorithm. Students will control and compare different kinds of methods that affect the brightness situations around the light sensor of mBot. Building on this experiment and the collected data, students will then explore how to use the values of light intensity in the conditional algorithms to play different notes.
- Demonstrate the understanding of setting up a condition that combines Sensing and Operators blocks
- Select appropriate programming scripts to design sound effects via looping and conditional algorithms.
- Clarify how the sequential, looping, and conditional construct work in a different part of an executable program.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Science
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - Science & ICT
- Alberta - Science & ICT
- British Columbia - Science & ADST
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum