mBot: Red Light, Green Light (Gr. 3-4)
This lesson will introduce another common control structure in programming – conditionals. This learning activity will start with the game “Red Light, Green Light” and students need to pay special attention to the instruction used in this game. Students will then explore different conditional constructs to enhance their practical understanding of the conditional. Students will modify their projects created in the previous lessons by adding conditional algorithms in the original scripts to expand the functions.
- Explain the meaning of conditionals (“if” statement and “until” in particular) associated with the relevant real-life examples.
- Create sequential algorithms that include looping and conditional algorithms.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding) & Science
- Quebec - Science
- New Brunswick - Science
- Nova Scotia - Science & ICT
- Alberta - Science & ICT
- British Columbia - Science & ADST
- Manitoba - Science
- Prince Edward Island - Science
- Saskatchewan - Science
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Science
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum