mBot: Statistics (Gr. 6-8)
Sampling a Population of Robots!
In this lesson students will learn how data collected about a population can be described by its center and spread. Students will discover how this information can be useful by collecting data about programs that they create for mBot using fundamental coding concepts. Students will identify/calculate some descriptive statistics and discuss potential inferences that can.
- Use and define fundamental statistical language such as: population, sample, mean, median, and variation.
- Practice identifying the mean and median values in a distribution and how this information can be interpreted.
- Practice quantifying the range of a data set.
- Create a computer program using fundamental coding concepts such as a sequencing.
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding)
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - ICT
- Alberta - ICT/CTF
- British Columbia - ADST
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum