mBot: Clear the Snow! (Gr. 7-8)
Automated Systems in Our Lives
In this lesson, students will develop their design-thinking and problem-solving skills by designing and creating a system for automated snow/debris removal from an area. Students will create a computer program to guide the actions of the snow removal mBot, as well as a physical accessory for mBot that works well with the program. In doing so, students will discover how the form and function of structures can be designed/optimized for use within a larger system.
- Understand that a system includes many components that come together to accomplish a task
- Understand that all systems have inputs and outputs
- Understand that systems optimize resources (i.e. they are efficient!)
- Consider how a physical structure and a computer program may be optimized to work together
- Create a simple computer program using fundamental coding concepts: Sequences and Loops