mBot 2.0: At Your Service (Gr. 3-8)
In this lesson, students will learn that speech recognition is the technology that converts the spoken word (but also entire sentences) back into text. It is a quiet computational task to recognize even a single word just by the variation in frequency. Students will learn the practical uses of speech recognition and how it is part of the user interaction in consumer electronics (like smartphones, TVs, smart home) and for assistive systems. In this activity, students will program a short dialogue with the mBot2 acting as a service robot.
- Students will learn what speech recognition is and how to apply it
- Students will learn how to make an internet connection using WIFI
- Students will learn how to use speech recognition and develop a dialog with the user
- Students will learn how to send messages to remote computers via cloud messaging
- Students will learn how to use variables to describe a stage in a process (like ordering, user interaction)
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding), Number & Spatial Sense
- Quebec - Coming Soon!
- New Brunswick - Coming Soon!
- Nova Scotia - Coming Soon!
- Alberta - Coming Soon!
- British Columbia - Coming Soon!
- Manitoba - Coming Soon!
- Prince Edward Island - Coming Soon!
- Saskatchewan - Coming Soon!
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Coming Soon!
- Yukon Territories - Follows B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
Find Out More
Advanced Coding Robot Kit for STEM Education
Powered by Cyberpi, this innovative and easy-to-build robot will inspire kids to learn, grow, and play in limitless ways. Complete with Wi-Fi connectivity, kids can step into the world of Computer Science and technology learning utilizing precision movement control with encoder motors, expandable mBuild modules, and structural parts that come together in a unique programmable design.