Matatalab: Create Your Own Board Game (Gr. 3)
In this lesson, students will choose their own subject or topic for their board game. They will create their board game to have a start, finish, rules, a box, and moving pieces. They will also create their own project based on any interest they may have! There are suggested projects available as well.
- Create a board game with rules, board, pieces, and a way to win
- Decorate or create a character cover for the MatataBot
- Use Matatalab coding blocks to move the MatataBot along the game
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Coding & Art
- British Columbia - ADST & Art,
- Alberta & Nova Scotia - ICT & Art
- New Brunswick, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, and PEI - Art
Find Out More
Screen Free: A more friendly way to learn fundamental coding concepts at a very early age. A physical way to learn abstract coding ideas without screen-time.
Words Free: The coding blocks have intuitive graphical symbols on them, building confidence for kids to predict the movement of the robot as well as to test and confirm their reasoning.
Game Based Learning: With Matatalab, if kids don't feel like seriously coding, they are play maze game adventures.