Dash & Dot: Geometry with Dash (Gr. 4-5)
This lesson is designed to use Dash & Dot robots and programming to support geometry lessons in identifying, classifying, describing, and finding the perimeter of quadrilaterals. Students will create quadrilaterals by building a pen attachment for Dash (optional) and using loops, angles, and distance traveled.
- Students can measure and draw quadrilaterals.
- Students can write algorithms to create quadrilaterals.
- Grade 4 - Mathematics, Measurement,Perimeter, Area, Geometry and Spatial Sense, Angles
- Grade 5 - Mathematics,Perimeter and Area, Angles, ADST
- Grade 5 - Mathematics, Shape and Space, Angles, Perimeter, Area, ICT, Foundational Operations, Knowledge and Concepts
Class 1: Geometry with Dash (45 minutes)