Dash & Dot: Geometry with Dash (Gr. 4-5)
This lesson is designed to use Dash & Dot robots and programming to support geometry lessons in identifying, classifying, describing, and finding the perimeter of quadrilaterals. Students will create quadrilaterals by building a pen attachment for Dash (optional) and using loops, angles, and distance traveled.
- Students can measure and draw quadrilaterals.
- Students can write algorithms to create quadrilaterals.
Class 1: Geometry with Dash (45 minutes)
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Mathematics - Algebra (Coding)
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics & ICT
- Alberta - Mathematics & ICT
- British Columbia - Mathematics & ADST
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum