Dash & Dot: Fraction Street STEM Project (Gr. 4)
Students will work in groups of 3 - 4 students create a Fraction Street. They will measure label different landmarks on their street and program their robots stop on at least 5 of these landmarks.
Clearly record the different fractions and distances of their street.
Draw and create landmarks on their street.
Use spatial reasoning to measure and space landmarks at different fractions of a whole
Class 1: Intro to Dash (30 mins)
Class 2: Design (60 mins)
Class 3: Dash the Tour Guide (40 min)
Class 4: Presentation & Extensions
Curriculum Connections Summary
- Ontario - Math - Algebra (Coding)
- Quebec - Mathematics
- New Brunswick - Science & Mathematics
- Nova Scotia - Mathematics & ICT
- Alberta - Mathematics & ICT
- British Columbia - Mathematics & ADST
- Manitoba - Mathematics
- Prince Edward Island - Mathematics
- Saskatchewan - Mathematics
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Mathematics
- Yukon Territories - Follow's B.C.'s Curriculum
- Northwest Territories - Follows Alberta's Curriculum
- Nunavut - Follows Alberta's Curriculum